At BioWare, our mission is to create worlds of adventure, conflict, and companionship that inspire you to become the hero of your story. Our teams inspire creativity using tech and tools such as the Frostbite engine and work with thousands of developers across EA's network of studios. We are passionate about games and their potential as a creative medium to reach and inspire people through emotion, artistry, and engaging storytelling. If you share this passion, this is an amazing opportunity to help shape the next generation of gaming.
- Independently guide multiple important features for technical animation, including runtime systems, physics/ragdoll, and facial animation R&D and implementation.
- Work with assigned features, including reaching out to external partners and describing the needs of the project.
- Maintain animation tools and pipelines.
- Prototype and implement procedural animation systems such as facial animation, destruction, cloth, and hair.
- Work with our design, character art, animation, and outsourcing teams.
- Debugging and support of our animation systems and tools.
- You will report to the Lead Technical Animator.
- 3+ years of technical animation experience.
- Experience in rigging and skinning assets.
- Experience with python or C++.
- An understanding of animation principles and anatomy.
- Experience with motion capture and retargeting.
- Proficient in standard industry tools such as Autodesk Maya.
- All submissions must include a portfolio showing personal and professional artwork.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.