We are seeking to fill the role of QA/QC Maintenance Engineer The primary purpose of the Maintenance Engineer position is to support the maintenance department with tasks and specific projects as assigned within the customer site location (refinery), at terminal locations and at other off-site locations. Collaborates with the Maintenance Planners, the Maintenance Scheduler, Refinery Operations, Refinery Engineering, and local contractors.
- 4-year Engineering Degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook).
- Knowledge of industrial equipment, maintenance techniques, drawings, and specifications. Ability to read and understand technical documents and symbols and to apply this knowledge.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide support to the maintenance department for specific projects, as needed, in addition to routine daily tasks as assigned.
- Conduct field walk-downs to identify and document equipment status and create and update associated documentation, P&IDs, and equipment records in the CMMS.
- Communicate with outside vendors, the maintenance planners, as well as field maintenance and contractor personnel to keep Bills of Materials accurate and current.
- Work with field maintenance and contractor personnel to develop ideas and procedures that will increase efficiency and "time on tools" for future tasks
- Ensures products & workmanship meet and/or exceed standards and specifications
- Participates in major planning activities, such as scope identification and control, scheduling, coordination, project risk assessment, execution, and continuous improvement.
- Assist in coordination between maintenance staff and craft resources to ensure that all details of work and projects are clearly communicated and understood; will advise and provide feedback on performance during the projects to ensure successful completion.
- Participate with Reliability and Mechanical Integrity Department personnel on improvement projects, particularly when they are related to the Proactive Maintenance Plans
- Complete any duties that may be assigned by the Maintenance Manager, and additional duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to efficiently perform internet search and research.
- Organization skills: able to plan tasks, work, and projects with specific attention to detail.
- Able to write technical directions, read and interpret vendor manuals and drawings, and apply cost analysis within a structured budget.
- Clear, effective communication skills.
- Commitment to safety and teamwork.
- Self-directed and motivated; able to work towards specific goals and objectives with limited daily oversight.
- Able to develop and deliver clear and concise presentations when required.
About us: For more than 100 years, the Jamar Company has built a reputation as an expert specialty contractor. We have a history of proven success in solving difficult challenges for our industrial and commercial customers. The Jamar Company is headquartered in Duluth, MN with office locations in Arden Hill and Shakopee, MN, Eau Claire, Green Bay and Spooner, WI, Bismarck and Watford City, ND and Mountain View, WY.
We offer: a competitive salary and excellent benefits including Health, Vision & Dental Insurance, 401K Program (with company contribution), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Short and Long-Term Disability, Paid Time Off, Holidays, and Training/ Continuing Educational Opportunities. Compensation commensurate with experience.