Minneapolis, MN, US, 55447
We have an opportunity for a Technical Writer to join us at our Minnesota location in the US.
The Technical Writer is responsible for creation, publication, and management of technical documentation. They will work closely with subject matter experts responsible for technical content. You will also be involved in publishing final versions to all digital channels to make sure customers can access technical documentation.
* Develops documentation to meet customer needs, including data sheets, technical information, and user manuals.
* Gathers and defines documentation requirements by working with subject matter experts.
* Follows defined standards or work for all documentation needs gaining approval from stakeholders for publishing via Danfoss channels to be available for internal and external customers.
* Applies structured authoring principles using DITA XML to content to ensure quality, reuse, proper versioning. Coaches subject matter experts on the topic.
* Follows-up on deadlines, communicating delays or obstacles, creating means for resolution where needed.
* Follows Danfoss design guidelines as outlined in the Corporate Visual Identity (CVI).
* Attends team meetings to create a continuous improvement environment for team and documentation needs.
* Assists the day-to-day upkeep, output, troubleshooting, and maintenance of the Content Management System (CMS).
* BA/BS degree in Communication (technical communications program) or Engineering from an accredited institution
* 4+ years of related experience
* Excellent communication skills (oral and written), attention to detail, and strong organization skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT etc.) and Google Docs
* Experience with DITA XML is not required but a strong plus
* Team player who can foster positive working relationships including virtual team members
* Time management with the ability to be flexible and open to change
* 5-10% travel
At Danfoss, we are engineering solutions that allow the world to use resources in smarter ways - driving the sustainable transformation of tomorrow. No transformation has ever been started without a group of passionate, dedicated and empowered people. We believe that innovation and great results are driven by the right mix of people with diverse backgrounds, personalities, skills, and perspectives, reflecting the world in which we do business. To make sure the mix of people works, we strive to create an inclusive work environment where people of all backgrounds are treated equally, respected, and valued for who they are. It is a strong priority within Danfoss to improve the health, working environment and safety of our employees.
Following our founder's mindset 'action speaks louder than words', we set ourselves ambitious targets to protect the environment by embarking on a plan to become CO2 neutral latest by 2030.
Danfoss is an EO employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category.