Overview:Seeking an experienced IT professional with 5+ years of experience in general network architecture, design and troubleshooting, network virtualization and micro-segmentation, advanced network appliances and security, network technical support, cloud vendor network solutions.Must contribute to all aspects of solution deployment lifecycle including design through delivery. Ability to assess client's network infrastructure and network management processes. Architect large network infrastructure roll-outs and migrations. Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned:
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Desire and experience to design, develop and deliver network virtualization solutions using VMware NSX-T and legacy NSX-V product sets. This includes upgrading and migrating customers from NSX-V to NSX-T product components.
- Desire and experience a plus to leverage NSX-T integration with automation solutions like VMware vRealize Automation.
- Desire to design and develop private cloud and hybrid cloud solutions using native cloud services as well as data center technology
- Desire and ability to expand knowledge across vendor services, such as AWS and Azure, for complete hybrid solution delivery
- Enhance and support existing partner and customer network solutions as per requirements and future network virtualization support and general enhancements.
- Ability to design, implement and maintain various facets regarding network security and integration to external security systems. This includes things like DFWs, security appliances and intrusion detection systems.
- Work in a cooperative and interactive manner with partners, customers, support, and vendors as necessary.
- Ability to work in a transparent or relabeled service delivery capability to solution end-users, sometimes representing partnerships and relationships with partner companies.
- Work in a variety of Agile and Scrum style delivery environments as well as the ability to work independently on a per-project basis.
- Willingness to learn new cloud-based technologies and apply experience to cloud-enabled solutions
- Strong experience with 5+ years of network design and delivery experience with specialized certifications in VMware NSX-T and native datacenter network technologies.
- Typical Network Services include but are not limited to:
- Any other vendor network certifications a plus
- VMware Virtual Cloud Network / SD-WAN
- NSX-T, NSX -V, Azure, AWS, Cisco, Juniper and other network vendors
- Experience in design, developing and delivering vendor dedicated hybrid circuits such as AWS Direct Connect, Azure ExpressRoute a plus
- Experience in understanding and developing solutions in accordance with vendor best-practices and vendor design published frameworks
- Experience managing tasks across multiple simultaneous projects with aggressive timelines
- Effective communication within and across teams.
- Ability to adapt to and learn new technologies with assistance or on own.
- Ability to work as a team or independently and capability to support a home or remote office environment.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
Join our team to connect the world with the power of technology!
- Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.
Tech Data is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Applications will be considered without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, gender identity and/or expression, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or other factors not related to specific position qualifications.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our employment website as a result of your disability. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Tech Data Human Resources at +1 (800) 237 8931*.
*Due to the volume of applications we receive, applicant inquiries to this phone number which are unrelated to a request for accommodation due to a disability will not receive a response.