*Securian Financial Groups internal position title isEngineering Sr. Analyst
We are seeking an Engineering Sr Analyst - QA who will thrive in our fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative, and team-oriented organization. In this role, you will lead the quality strategy including test automation and best practices, within an agile team. You will integrate with DevOps processes for Securian Financial assigned projects.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Accountable for ensuring overall product and integration quality.
- Lead efforts to define, refine and articulate the quality strategy required to support assigned projects.
- Deliver test automation within agile delivery teams. Design and create object-oriented test suites and re-usable tooling.
- Provide metrics to establish baselines and track quality and efficiency improvements.
- Provide quality thought leadership and innovation to support successful project delivery.
- Ensure automation code quality, leveragability, and maintainability through code reviews, standards, etc.
- Promote and recommend practices to further Continuous Delivery & Continuous Improvement
- Collaborate closely with all stakeholders on assigned projects to move testing lower in the test pyramid. The strategy will consider quality of code, design, and requirements.
- Establish a culture for quality, including a "shift left" focus for finding defects sooner and discussing defect root causes and ways of preventing future defects.
- Coach and provide technical leadership to others on the QA team.
- Experience in one or more programming languages, software engineering methodologies and technologies, and software quality tools:
- Web API, REST
- WebDriver IO, Postman, Newman, UiPath
- Cucumber, Jasmine
- Jira, GitHub, Jenkins
- Distributed logging, distributed data stores
- Experience with developing, writing, and executing robust test scripts.
- Strong technical aptitude and experience with the software tools and techniques used in software development and automated testing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into test strategy and test cases, estimating Agile testing tasks.
- Effective time management, ability to plan and prioritize work effectively.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence, collaborate, and build solid relationships with team members.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required, computer science degree preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
Securian Financial has been around for nearly 140 years. We're committed to giving back to our community, donating 15,000 employee volunteer hours this past year. We also provide extensive resources to our employees for professional development and growth and a number of diverse professional and social opportunities throughout the company. There's a reason our employees have voted us as a best place to work year after year! In addition:
- Generous paid time off. We want you to take time off for whatever matters most to you!
- Tuition reimbursement program. We value continuous learning at Securian!
- Company-funded pension plan as well as 401K retirement plan - great resources to secure your financial future.
- Continuous opportunities for new challenges.
- Variety of health plan options as well as dental and vision plans.
- Paid maternity/paternity leaves.
Physical job requirements:
- Ability to utilize keyboard, mouse and computer for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to work at least 40 hours per week
- Ability to utilize telephone for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to perform grasping tasks throughout the entire work day (examples: handwriting, grasping of equipment/machines, paper manipulation, sorting, folding, handling stacks of paper)
The physical job requirements described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of jobs.
Equal employment opportunity:
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at
For all inquiries about this position, please apply directly on our website or contact us at for further questions.
As a full-time associate, you will be eligible for the full range of Company benefits which include life insurance, medical and dental coverage, retirement plan, profit sharing plan, paid vacation and personal time, flexible spending accounts (use of pretax dollars for dependent care, dental and medical expenses not covered under your medical plan), etc.
Securian Financial Group, Inc. does not discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital or familial status, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, political affiliation, veteran status, status in regard to public assistance, status in a local human rights commission, or any other status or condition protected by local, state or federal law. If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please contact us by telephone 651-665-5522 (voice), 711 (telecommunications relay), or by email at EmployeeRelations@securian.com.
To view our privacy statement click
To view our legal statement click
Securian Financial Group, Inc. considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, marital or familial status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, or Veteran status. All applicants will be considered solely on the basis of their qualifications.