Location(s): CO - Salida
Are you fit and ready to work hard at a challenging but rewarding job that doesn't require you to sit behind a desk all day? Do you want to build a long-term career in a stable industry at a company that's committed to treating you with respect, training you well and ensuring your safety? A field or skilled labor job at Xcel Energy could be the opportunity you're looking for.
***NOTE: This position requires an assessment prior to interview consideration. We ask you to please carefully read the instructions below
We anticipate the need for one or more Journeyman Lineman to be located in Salida, CO. The starting rate of pay for this position is $49.10 hourly.
Perform the duties of lineman classification involving overhead and underground electric distribution systems.
1. The successful candidate must have the physical ability, endurance, and desire to perform potentially strenuous outdoor work, at all times of the day and night, and under various weather conditions.
2. The successful applicant will be expected to respond to emergency callouts after normal work hours and on weekends.
3. The successful candidate must be able to perform safe, proficient, and effective pole-climbing.
4. Applicants must be self-motivated, work well with others, have a positive attitude and be committed to working safely and productively.
For External and Non-Xcel Energy Journeyman candidates, verification of Journeyman Lineman qualifications and knowledge will include written testing and/or practical skills evaluation during the application process.
**NOTE: This position requires an assessments prior to being considered for an interview so please read the following instructions carefully:
Step 1 Application and Online Assessment:
1. Create a profile by applying for a position
2. Apply to the job posting
3. Should you meet the minimum qualifications, you may receive an invitation to complete an online assessment. Please follow the assessment instructions carefully and complete the online assessment within 72 hours.
Step 2 Selection Process:
4. Please allow a couple of weeks for assessment results and applications to be reviewed. You will be notified if you are selected for an interview.
5. If you are not selected for an interview, you will receive notice that the hiring leader has chosen to go with another candidate.
6. If you do not successfully complete the assessment, you are eligible to re-take it after 6 months.
Step 3 Lineman Test:
Steps in Xcel Energy's hiring process
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you're ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Salida || CO - Salida || United States (US) || Public Service Company || 65460:Elec Ops Alamosa PSC || Full-Time || Bargaining ||
Requisition Number: 22261
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com