Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
About the role:
- Within this role, an incoming engineer will work on a project in the Structural Heart Mitral Therapies group leading the design and commercialization of new cutting-edge technology and products
- It is an exciting opportunity to develop novel technology solutions working with a team to commercialize new products.
- We are looking for a motivated, driven, and technically curious individual that can drive execution in a very diverse and challenging environment.
- This individual will be working in both cross functional group settings as well as independently with the support of a technically strong, experienced, and highly motivated team.
- This position offers the opportunity to support process development and product commercialization throughout Boston’s global plant network.
- Develop capable processes and ensure efficient and effective transfer of product into production.
Your responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with R&D to develop product concepts, influence design specifications and provide Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input to the engineering print package.
- Works cross functionally to develop and deliver capable and robust processes and equipment to operations.
- Writes work instructions, technical reports, validations, and qualifications by capturing experimental results.
- Gathers and provides technical data for technical reviews and decision making.
- Assists in completing proper documentation to meet quality systems requirements (e.g., FMEA’s, etc.).
- Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions.
- Possibly supervise and/or mentor engineers within the team.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with BS in Engineering
- Candidate must work well in a team environment across functions and sites to mentor and influence team.
- Strong understanding of statistics and DFSS tools (DOE, problem solving).
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Fixture and equipment design or trouble shooting experience (CAD experience not required).
- Medical device or other regulated industry experience.
- Structural heart related experience.
- Knowledge and experience with the assembly of composite materials.
- Must be open to travel of up to 25% of their time.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you're looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there's no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 459432