Bluestem Brands, Inc. is the parent company to a number of eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers' unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what's right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you'll want to be. And we don't just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Sr. Collections Analyst for Bluestem to be located in Eden Prairie, MN.
The Senior Collections Analyst is responsible for a wide range of collection strategy efforts covering both pre- and post-chargeoff accounts, specifically: payment reminder programs, early-/mid-/late-stage collection efforts, post-chargeoff evaluation (asset sales vs. placements) and other related risk mitigation efforts. This position performs analysis and makes recommendations for changes within existing and pilot collections programs based on full P&L evaluation. You will be working closely with various Credit teams (new accounts, account management), Decision Sciences, Operations, Zenalytics, Credit Implementation teams as well as Compliance & Legal to support collection efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Analysis: Primarily focus on in-depth analysis and segmentation of delinquent accounts; variance analysis regarding portfolio roll rates; review champion/challenger performance in regard to delinquency, cost and retail optimization; update segmentation; summarize findings, make strategy recommendations based on results, forecast potential impact and create presentations for senior leadership in support of proposed changes. Proactively work with Decision Sciences/Zenalytics teams to evaluate new scores, assist in the development of new custom collection models.
- Data: Work with appropriate internal and external stakeholders to ensure data is accurate, available in a timely manner, updated as part of new initiatives, understood by other interested parties and can be extracted/analyzed quickly.
- Reporting: Support reporting across the collection life cycle from payment reminders to charge-off; tracking post-chargeoff performance for asset sales vs. placements; ensure daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting is accurate, timely, concise, intuitive and provides value-added insights into variances.
- Implementation: Work in partnership across all credit channel leaders; from a Risk and Business Line perspective, assist in UAT, problem resolution, regression testing, new policy/strategy/scoring implementation and post-implementation validation.
What You'll Need:
- Master's degree (or bachelor's degree with 2+ years relevant work experience) in a technical discipline or business field with a strong technical foundation required (Statistics, Finance, Economics, etc.)
- Strong programming background, minimum 2-year experience with SAS or R (or similar statistical technologies) and exposure to SQL and Excel
- Experience in an analytics/modeling/reporting role;
- Experience with large data sets aggregated from multiple sources; enthusiasm for working on technically complex analysis
- Analytical and results oriented; independent thinker and strong problem solver
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to summarize and communicate results from complex analysis clearly; experience presenting analysis to senior leadership
Job Grade: B4
Make sure to check us out and follow us!
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States