Bluestem Brands, Inc. is the parent company to a number of eCommerce retail brands. We have one mission: to build a dynamic retail enterprise that wins with direct-to-consumer excellence and entrepreneurial-minded employees focused on serving our customers' unique needs. Our leadership is responsive and supportive, empowering those smart and passionate employees who drive our success. We are continually innovating and improving: we take risks, learn from mistakes and celebrate success as a team.
You work hard, and you deserve more than just a paycheck. Bluestem works to do what's right for employees. From the big things (great benefits, employee discounts and incentive plans) to small touches (jeans-every-day dress code), this is the place you'll want to be. And we don't just talk about work-life balance, we try to live it. Join the Bluestem Brands team to make an impact, be inspired and be valued, every day.
We are seeking a Director of Digital Marketing for Bluestem Brands to be located at our office in Eden Prairie.
The Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for strategy development and flawless execution of digital marketing initiatives for the Northstar Portfolio. They are a thought leader and key partner for brand marketing teams to deliver value for the portfolio through all paid and social media channels. This leader ensures digital media strategies deliver short term impact with a strategic vision toward long term profit for the Fingerhut and Gettington brands. Key objectives for this leader are to 1) build brand awareness 2) drive customer activation and 3) drive financially sound media placement decisions.
Responsibilities include creation of the tactical approach by brand and customer segment across media, planning and launch of new media/testing, as well as ongoing media/program planning and execution. Directs day-to-day agency relationships, media plan execution, budget monitoring, optimization and digital media forecast development for each brand. Will lead development of new Social Media programs to build brand awareness and customer connection. Work closely with the Northstar leadership team and brand leaders to develop annual digital media plans and forecasts by brand, day-to-day business performance monitoring and promotional strategies for digital media.
The Director of Digital Marketing is a cross-functional partner with Marketing leaders across the brands, eCommerce, Technology, Business Intelligence, Merchandising, Credit, Finance, Creative, Legal and Compliance, as well as external partners.
What You'll Do:
- Develop digital media plans and manage to revenue forecasts for all brands and segments across the following digital channels: paid search, display, affiliate, social media, and other new channels as developed
- Continuously monitor marketing results/reporting to constantly optimize media plans
- Present analyses and/or recommendations to brand and Executive leadership with a quantitative bias for action (i.e. data driven decision making).
- Develop and optimize new digital programs that create incremental profit, increase brand awareness and drive growth for the portfolio
- Serve as the digital expert for the Northstar Portfolio consumer targets
- Work via cross-functional teams to implement and oversee new as well as existing customer initiatives
- Stay current in industry emerging technologies and media innovation; analyze and apply as appropriate to the portfolio through concepting of new approaches and continuous testing
- Develop professional relationships and lead day-to-day relationship with digital agencies
- Work closely with internal Creative teams and digital agencies to optimize creative presentation across media channels
- Ensure ongoing compliance management in partnership with Legal department
- Lead, train, develop and grow direct reports in their professional abilities
- Manage team of 3-5 direct reports with multiple projects and programs simultaneously and is accountable for managing the strategy and execution of an annual budget in excess of $15MM.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- 8+ years of work experience in digital marketing/digital media
- Proven experience with optimizing and managing interactive marketing strategies and tactics (e.g. Display, Search, Affiliate, Social)
- Proven expertise in using analysis to drive marketing decisions
- Strong campaign and project management skills
- Experience with A/B and MVT testing best practices
- Strong familiarity and experience with Demand Side Platforms preferred
- Solid knowledge of customer facing ecommerce website technologies and concepts
- Team management and agency management experience
- Strategic mindset; process-oriented with very strong analytical capabilities
- Proven ability to analyze, organize and integrate large amounts of complex information and synthesize into clear, concise plans/presentations.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and strong presentation skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high desire to work with an innovative team as one of its leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team and matrixed environment as both a business owner and a stakeholder, across many levels of seniority
- Familiarity with retail eCommerce best practices; experience with credit card/financial services preferred
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with a variety of software applications including Excel, Power Point and Word
Job Grade: D1
Make sure to check us out and follow us!
Eden Prairie, Minnesota, United States