SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER - Minneapolis, MN
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our commercial team in our Minneapolis, MN office. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
Senior Project Managers are ultimately responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, quality assurance/quality control and completion of specific commercial land development projects from project inception and concept though final project closeout. Project management is the backbone of the organization and success dictates the overall success of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the planning and implementation on commercial land projects.
- Defines project tasks, schedules and resource requirements.
- Complies with and helps the enforcement of company standards, policies and procedures.
- Manages project budgets and analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, billing rates and utilization.
- Measured on the overall profitability and success of the project.
- Conduct team meetings with project team and evaluate and coordinate the project.
- Lead or provide support with project proposals.
- Prepare client-billing information on assigned projects and review all electronic billing.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to project team staff as needed.
- Identifies additional scope and fee opportunities that relate to the project and participates in new business development activities.
- Manages collections on outstanding accounts receivable balances.
- Possesses a general understanding of computer applications utilized by team members during the execution of a project.
- Provides on-going communication with the client related to the project.
- Establishes goals for the projects and assist with achievement of QA/QC goals.
- Manage Client relationships.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer licensed in Minnesota.
- Minimum 8-10 years of increasing experience in commercial land development with minimum of 5 years in project management.
- Must have insight to client service and new business development.
- Good understanding of financial management.
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgment is essential.
- Good mentoring skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Possess the ability to change focus quickly during a typical day.
- Positive and solution orientated approach to problems.
About Westwood Professional Services, Inc. (Westwood)
Westwood is a multi-disciplined national surveying and engineering services provider for commercial and residential development, wind and solar energy, and electric transmission projects. Westwood was established in 1972 in Minneapolis, Minnesota and has grown to serve clients across the nation from multiple U.S. offices. In 2017, Westwood received Zweig Group's Best Firms to Work For and Marketing Excellence awards, ranked on industry top 25 lists, and received recognition for its involvement on award-winning projects nationwide.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.