Station 10 has a mix of many challenging patients including those who are anxious/depressed and are at risk for self harm or suicide as well those who have thought disorders and struggle with managing their lives in the community. Some patients have co-occurring medical issues that broaden the RN experience. Station 10 is blessed to have many experienced and long-serving RNs with a wealth of knowledge to provide to newer nurses.
Station 10 has 17 beds in 5 private and 6 double rooms.
About this position:
* This position will be working 56 hours, every two weeks on the evening shift
* Working 8 hour shifts, and working every other weekend
* This position is benefit eligible
The Psych Associate is responsible for the delivery of patient care, and promotion of a therapeutic environment as delegated by and under the supervision of the RN so that the goals and objectives of treatment are achieved on each unit as assigned.
The unit team consists of - 2 attending psychiatrists, 2 CTC's (social workers), 1 Occupational therapist, 11 RNs and 15 psychiatric associates. Chaplains, diversity specialists and medical providers are shared with other units. All Psych Associates and RNs report to a Nurse Manager.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Basic Life Support Certification
* Bachelor's Degree in Psychology or Human Services Field
* Experience working in the mental health field