Job Class: Chaplain
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 04/02/2021
Closing Date: 04/15/2021
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota Veterans Home-Luverne
Division/Unit: Spiritual Care
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift with some flexibility needed
Days of Work: Monday - Friday, with flexibility to cover services on Sunday mornings, work occasional weekends and special events/holidays
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $24.88 - $36.53/hourly
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Exempt - Professional
Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
To provide spiritual care to the residents of the Minnesota Veterans Home-Luverne and to administer the Chaplaincy. Direct and lead residents toward achievement of their desire for spiritual guidance. Understand the residents' needs in order to assist or refer in their best interests. Provide religious instruction and materials to best nourish the residents' faith and spiritual conditions. Participate in and support the family council, memorial services and special spiritual engagements within the home and in the local community such as speaking engagements and writing religious articles for publications. Teach and convey religious messages during worship services and spiritual classes. Visit residents in the hospital. Be a resource for staff dealing with grief issues. Provide coverage of weekend services and assure coverage for regular weekly services and celebrations of the mass.
* Graduate (or eligible to graduate within six months of appointment) from a recognized seminary
* Ordained clergy
* Professionally trained clergyperson with his/her denomination's ecclesiastical endorsement
* Thorough knowledge of community-based religious resources available to residents
* Exceptional human relations skills sufficient to provide pastoral care, counseling, and empathy for the issues experienced by residents in a private and confidential manner
* Communication and presentaion skills sufficient to conduct services that are creative and engaging
* Masters of Divinity
* Three (3) years of pastoral experience
* Previous experience as Chaplain in long term care
* Clinical Pastoral Education
This position requires successful completion of the following:
* A Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) background check will be conducted on all finalists for this position. Finalists must pass the DHS background check.
* Finalists may be required to pass a driver's license check.
* A Tuberculosis (Mantoux) screening (or chest x-ray) is required prior to employment.
* Employee reference checks will be conducted on all finalists. This may include a review of documentation related to job performance. It also includes contact with the applicant's former employer(s).
Why Work For Us
Located on the edge of town in Luverne, the Minnesota Veterans Home-Luverne provides skilled nursing care for 85 residents in a small town environment. All staff are committed and expected to provide high quality care and services to the residents by following a person-centered social model of care for all residents. Residents' needs are met by our caring professional interdisciplinary staff, providing 24-hour health care. The team works together to provide residents with programs individually designed to meet their physical, psycho-social and spiritual needs. The maintenance department is an integral part of our team and provides maintenance support 24/7 in order to ensure we have the facilities and equipment necessary to provide care for our Veterans.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Sandra Kelm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-920-0000.
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your Connect 700 certificate and the job posting ID number to Sandra Kelm at email@example.com by the job posting closing date.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.
Per 43A.111, MDVA will give priority consideration to certain qualified disabled Veterans. To be considered, you must be included on a US armed forces permanent disability list with a disabililty rating of at least 30% or been rated by the US Department of Veterans Affairs as having a compensable service-connected disability of at least 30%. Official written documentation of this disability dated no more than one-year preceding the date of application must be submitted. Please email the documentation, your DD214 and the job posting ID number to Sandra Kelm at email@example.com no later than the job posting closing date.
Return to Previous Page