Our client a manufacturer of paper packaging solutions in Cottage Grove, MN is seeking to hire 2nd shift Forklift Drivers. These are direct hire roles complete with a benefits package that includes medical, dental, PTO, 401-k, profit sharing, paid training program, and a Pay for Skills Program to increase your hourly pay rate.
We are seeking a motivated and reliable individuals that are interested in a long-term career inside the world of corrugated manufacturing. This is a brand-new facility that opened up less than a year ago, and you will be working alongside a team of 50+ employees under the following logistics…
Location: Cottage Grove, MN
Pay – $16.00/hour ($15.50/hour plus an additional $.50/hour for shift differential) plus full benefits
- Profit Sharing Program: All employees are eligible for monthly bonuses based on attendance and meeting company goals for production and efficiency.
- Pay for Skills Program: All employees will have the ability to cross train and earn 9 different Certifications inside the plant that will increase your hourly pay rate. Each certification will increase your hourly pay rate anywhere from $.40 cents to a $1.00/hour depending on the Certification you obtain. We have employees that started at $15.50/hour and in their first year are now making over $18.50/hour because they took advantage of this cross-training Pay for Skills program.
2nd Shift: 4:00pm - Midnight
You are paid during the entire training program which will last 4-6 weeks. Overtime will exist depending on workflow so all candidates must be willing to work some OT.
Job Responsibilities: Forklift Driver
- At the beginning of the shift. Meet with crew to discuss upcoming shift and other topics related to work performance.
- Shipping loader will focus on using forklift to load product into trailers. Making sure all units are scanned to trailer, each load is stable and trailer space is maximized.
- Loaders will keep up with pace of machine/conveyors.
- Shipping loader will stage units when necessary. Making sure all units are staged and scanned to proper location.
- Responsible for stacking Units neatly and safely in designated storage areas.
- Vehicles will be driven responsibly and under control always.
- When needed, help the dry end correct mistakes in tagging.
- When needed on the dry end to help keep the line moving, pick up messes, help with rework.
- 1+ years of Forklift Driving experience in a warehouse, shipping or manufacturing setting.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced manufacturing setting
- Enjoys working within a team setting