Summary of Position
This position exists to participate as a Legal Tech in the Agency's multifamily legal division by (1) processing and participating in closings, loan servicing, litigation and attorney general's office assignments; (2) providing support to Multifamily closers and attorneys with multifamily loan closings and interaction with commercial lenders, law firms, title companies, developers and general contractors; (3) drafting loan documents, contracts, grant agreements; (4) general administrative support for attorneys and closing staff.
Essential Job Duties
- Work closely with Closers and attorneys to draft legal agreements for closings and loan servicing transactions so that the agreements accurately reflect terms and conditions of the transaction; deficiencies are addressed effectively.
- Interpret and comprehend legal agreements relative to real estate law and judicial actions and determine relevant information necessary for analyzing and risk reduction factors.
- Review and provide comment and resolution on Agency-required closing due diligence documentation.
- Address inquiries from borrowers, attorneys, real estate agents, lenders and title insurance companies regarding legal policies, program statutes and procedures of the Agency.
- Coordinate closing event with external customers and internal staff to ensure successful and timely completion of transactions.
Annual Salary Range
- A minimum of 5 years relevant legal experience in business, real estate law, or real estate finance, OR A bachelor / paralegal degree AND 2 years of relevant legal experience in business, real estate law, or real estate finance.
- Proven problem-solving/negotiation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and experience with processing and closing commercial/residential real estate loans and loan servicing.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Attention to detail; proven proofreading skills; proven typing skills.
- Ability to multi task; proven organizational skills and workload management.
Minnesota Housing is a State of Minnesota agency and provides excellent benefits including 100% employer paid health insurance for employees with very reasonable rates for family coverage, dental insurance, employer-paid life insurance, flexible spending accounts, defined benefit pension plan as well as pre-tax and ROTH retirement accounts, generous vacation & sick leave, exceptional tuition reimbursement program and 11 holidays per year.
About Minnesota Housing:
Minnesota Housing has a national reputation as one of the finest housing finance agencies in the country and works to provide access to safe, decent and affordable housing.
It offers products and services to help Minnesotans buy and fix up their homes, and supports the development and preservation of affordable rental housing through both financing and long term asset management—all of which help stabilize the lives of some of the State’s most vulnerable citizens and build stronger communities.
For more information about Minnesota Housing go to: www.mnhousing.gov