DeZURIK, Inc., a leading manufacturer of valves for the water, wastewater treatment, and process industries, has an opening for a Buyer.
Responsibilities, Knowledge, or Skills Required:
Education and Experience Required:
- Identify and select the best suppliers for the purchase of raw materials, finished parts, equipment, tools, supplies, and services.
- Negotiate with suppliers for the best price and delivery of the required materials in the correct quantity and quality. Develop long term supply agreements. Issue the purchase orders to meet requirements.
- Understanding of MRP requirements. Monitor open purchase orders and maintain current planned delivery schedules per MRP requirements.
- Monitor key supplier on time delivery and quality levels to develop plans for continuous improvement of supplier performance.
- Manage suppliers. Resolve supplier payment disputes with finance and optimize payment terms and freight terms.
- Maintain current delivery lead-times for all items purchased from supplier and continue to work to reduce.
- Maintain current prices for purchased materials and use to establish annual standard costs.
DeZURIK, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum 5 years experience of industrial purchasing of castings and machined components in the US and the global market.
- Must understand and be able to perform the steps required to turn Engineering drawings into production ready parts.
- Requires extensive product knowledge, understanding supplier’s capabilities, and varied manufacturing processes.
- Knowledgeable in cost reduction techniques, just-in-time principles, standard cost, and total cost & quality management.
- APICS or CPM Certification and/or college degree preferred.
- Strong negotiation skills required.
- DeZURIK currently has many suppliers in China, India, Taiwan, South Korea, and Mexico. Ability to speak Mandarin or other language a plus. International travel experience also a plus.