|[Position No Longer Available]|
As the nation's largest beet sugar producer, American Crystal Sugar Company is committed to finding ways to continually improve. It's why we reward people who take action, work smart, and reach further.
We are seeking a strategic-minded, and motivated leader to join our team as Safety Manager at our corporate office in Moorhead, MN. The purpose of this position is to manage and oversee the development and implementation of the safety program for ACSC and SSI; and provide consulting services as requested by United Sugars. Establishes and promotes the maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions and develops policy, strategies and action plans to minimize industrial accident and health hazards in compliance with OSHA regulations.
The principal accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
* Manage Company-wide safety activities in the areas of policy development, implementation and maintenance of safety policies and procedures and ensures compliance with OSHA.
* Reduce the number and severity of accidents through development and implementation of safety programs, OSHA compliance of equipment and employee behavior through awareness safety training.
* Maintain professional working relationships with state and federal OSHA agencies and acts as the Company's liaison with these organizations.
* Participate in all OSHA inspections; leads discussions with OSHA regarding final citation language, abatement requirements and dates as well as related penalties.
* Ensure audits are conducted at facilities for OSHA compliance and provides abatement recommendations as required. Participates in the development of safety related capital projects.
* Develop and reinforce a culture that reflects an attitude and value for the safety of all employees in concert with factory managers and supervisors.
* Manage the administration of the Workers' Compensation programs to ensure effective case management and cost effective delivery of services and any settlements.
* Manage the administration of the Sickness & Accident, Family/Medical Leave and reasonable accommodation requirements consistently with Company policy and legal requirements.
* Develop and implement an effective safety training plan to ensure all employees receive appropriate and required safety training and understand OSHA regulations.
* Develop annual safety strategic plan establishing goals, programs and measurements.
* Develop and manage safety budgets and ensures accurate and timely accident reporting for both OSHA and Company purposes.
* Manage the Company industrial hygiene programs to ensure compliance and necessary training.
Qualified candidates will have extensive knowledge of Federal and State OSHA regulations and compliance procedures typically gained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in Industrial Safety and Health or a related field with five to eight years of experience managing the safety and health function in an industrial setting. Excellent analytical, communication, influencing and supervisory skills are required as well as the ability to manage multiple processes while working with and through corporate and various factory management groups.
An Equal Opportunity Employer