Lean Leader or Continuous Improvement Leader/Coordinator
• Work in collaboration with the Plant Manager to prioritize, plan, and execute on the Organizations Performance Improvement needs.
• Participate in the development of performance improvement strategy and performance improvement project plans.
• Solicit and contribute suggestions for improvement opportunities throughout the organization.
• Participate in assessment of improvement opportunities and selection of projects.
• Facilitate performance improvement efforts utilizing Lean tools and techniques, root cause analysis and other improvement approaches.
• Coordinate multiple projects, manage timelines. Attention to detail and deadlines is imperative.
• Coordinate logistic management details for teams.
• Provide formal reporting documentation that tracks data, metrics, and action plans for improvement efforts; some analytic ability necessary.
• Work in collaboration with Lean Steering Committee to ensure monitoring of Value Stream activities for sustainment, report on open issues from Lean Rapid Improvement Events on a continuous timely basis, and assist with communicating results throughout the organization.
• Assist with development and deployment of organizations Performance Improvement communication, training plans, and tools.
• Develop expertise in process improvement methods and mentor others.
• Provide formal and informal training to team members in process improvement concepts and tools.
• Participate in developing and maintaining performance improvement training and educational materials.
• Manage best practice sharing and cross participation within the organization.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering, Business, Manufacturing, or related field.
• At least 3 years of experience in a Lean Manufacturing environment with working knowledge of high speed packaging and/or food production methods is strongly preferred. Equivalent experience in organizational process improvement or lean/six sigma experience will be considered.
• Working knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement, and other process improvement methodologies and tools, in food production is strongly preferred.
• IDEAL CANDIDATE will have recent Lean methodology experience in healthcare/hospital setting along w/ Industrial Engineering background.
• Must possess excellent communication, organization and leadership skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to collaborate with people at all levels in a matrix organization. Must be self-motivated and have well-developed problem-solving skills. Must demonstrate analytic and project management skills, and have experience using Outlook and Microsoft Office suite.