13-06 Software Engineer
We are seeking a software engineer who understands industrial controllers and has the experience to apply them effectively. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can proactively work in a team environment to meet the expectations of our customers while balancing our commitment to PaR. We need an individual who has proven success in delivering customer satisfaction while maintaining project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Contribute to winning customer proposals which include technical description and the associated costing and schedule to successfully deliver the project.
- Delivering the project commitments once the project is won.
- Manage project tradeoffs to effectively meet customer and PaR expectations.
- Embrace a systems perspective to ensure the controller has the capabilities to meet the overall system technical performance, cost, and schedule.
- Design and documentation responsibilities:
- Detail specification generation (software).
- Software Architecture (Real time and GUI) ./li>
- Modular software development.
- Safety systems (when applicable).
- Test Plans
- Commitment to team success during design, procurement, assembly, commissioning, checkout, factory acceptance, and customer on-site acceptance.
- Support field service to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Onsite integration support.
- U.S. Citizen.
- 0-5 years professional experience, with heavy emphasis placed on relevant and applicable project history.
- BSCS or BSEE or equivalent experience that demonstrates mastery of fundamentals.
- Experience architecting and developing real time software applications.
- C/C++ experience.
- Microsoft Visual Studio, .NET Framework experience (C#)
- Experience with RTX, VxWorks, Integrity, or equivalent real-time operating systems.
Desired experience, skills and background:
- Experience with the Linux real time OS.
- Experience with Software Management methods.
- Strong organizational and communications skills.
- Experience with Siemens control systems (SINAMICS or SINUMERIK).
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks, such as CppUnit.
- Prior experience with Debuggers, Logic Analyzers, and other modern debugging tools.
- Matlab / Simulink experience highly desired.
- Experience with GUI/UI programming for a variety of different platforms.
- Eclipse application framework experience.