Come to work for the nation's leading beet sugar producer in a hands-on, equipment oriented environment.
American Crystal Sugar Company is seeking experienced Certified Welders for their Red River Valley Factories in Drayton, ND and East Grand Forks, MN. These are non-union, full time, limited duration positions. Please note there is currently a union lockout in progress.
$24.75/ hour and day-one benefits. Apply Today!
Day-one benefits include medical and flex $$ as well as the opportunity to earn personal time off.
The essential functions of this position include but are not limited to:
* Primary function is to provide welding expertise to assist and support maintenance activities.
* Communicates with others to enable them to set appropriate priorities.
* Responsible for setting an effective pace and for minimizing interruptions in the process operation.
* Participates in safety programs and safety training. Must understand and be totally committed to and compliant with all Company Safety and Sanitation policies.
* Uses a basic knowledge of all process equipment in performing job duties.
* Works without direct supervision in an effective and safe manner.
* Uses the SAP maintenance management system in the accomplishment of job duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to work overtime as required.
Qualified applicants must possess a High School Diploma or GED certificate and must have current certification of ASME, Section 9 specifications (6G) or be able to pass equivalent weld test. Must understand and demonstrate a safe working knowledge of all applicable welding and cutting equipment, tools and procedures and be able to reason through problems involving set up and routine maintenance of complex processing equipment. Must have effective communication, be able to read and understand written information, manuals, schematics, blueprints, diagrams, etc. and have basic math skills. Working knowledge of OSHA standards is required as well as the ability to work safely under all weather conditions, locations, and at different elevations in the factory, yards, and sugar bins. Must be physically capable of using all required safety equipment to perform assigned tasks, and performing all maintenance tasks.
Applicants must pass a pre-employment drug testing and criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity Employer