We are looking for individuals who can ensure customer satisfaction, safety and security standards while promoting high levels of customer service.
Minimum Application Requirements:
- Ensure safety, security, and comfort of our customers
- Work independently, yet work well with others as part of a team
- Excellent dependability and strong work ethic
- Ensure compliance with mandated Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations
- Responsible for the sale of onboard liquor, first class upgrades, and other amenities
- Deliver service of meals and beverages according to service standards
- Respond to customer illness and injury and administer first aid
- Ability to remain calm and respond to emergency situations including: aircraft evacuations, in flight fires, bomb threats, unusual situations, and turbulence
- Diffuse situations with unruly or irate customers and maintain order in the cabin
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a minimum height of 5’ 2” (without shoes)
- Minimum of two years direct customer service experience
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ability to perform basic math skills
- Must have authorization to work in the United States
- Able to speak, read, and understand English; bilingual preferred
- Able to be away from home for up to six (6) nights in a row
- Willing to relocate to within 1 hour and fifteen minutes of Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP) Terminal 2 while on “reserve” (on call) status
- Willing to work “reserve” (on call) status for extended period of time (see Work Schedule information below for additional detail)
- Able to work varying schedules which include holidays, weekends, evenings, “red eye” type hours, along with extended hours
- Must present a neat and professional appearance including adhering to Sun Country Airlines uniform and appearance standards
- Maintain a lifestyle free from alcohol abuse and illegal drug use
- Reliable transportation to and from the airport
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country AirlinesQualified candidates must pass a criminal history background check as well as a pre-employment drug test
This position requires strenuous physical work in confined spaces of the aircraft including galleys and aisles.
- Able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds from floor to above the shoulders
- Able to push and pull service carts that can weigh up to 200lbs
- Able to work in confined spaces of aircraft including galleys and aisles
- Able to work in the cabin environment which includes altitude changes and an environment of dry air
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to provide you with highlights of the job duties and work environment of a Flight Attendant. They are not intended to be an all inclusive listing of job duties or environment related to this position. Position expectations may change as the needs or the requirements of the organization change.
Years of service Rate per Flight Hour
1st year $17.50
2nd year $19.89
3rd year $22.07
4th year $24.19
5 + years In accordance with union contract
Monthly guarantee of 72.5 flight hours
Sun Country Flight Attendants are represented by International Brotherhood of Teamsters. The compensation schedule is based on the collective bargaining agreement ratified in April of 2005.
Uniforms – Flight Attendants are responsible for the purchase of their first uniform and luggage, approximately $900.00, which may be payroll deducted once employed by the Company.
Relocation – Relocation costs are sole responsibility of the Flight Attendant
Training Schedule and Pay
The Flight Attendant training program is conducted at our Mendota Heights, MN Corporate Offices. This program consists of approximately 20 days of classroom, hands-on, drill, and on the job training. The program will prepare you to handle normal operating conditions and emergency situations. Trainees will be evaluated through written exams and drills. A score of 90% or better is required to pass all exams and drills. Successful completion of Sun Country’s Flight Attendant Training program is a pre-requisite to employment. Training will be paid at a rate of $40.00 a day.
Sun Country Airlines is a scheduled passenger airline that operates 365 days a year. As a Flight Attendant you will be assigned to various shifts which may include weekends, evenings, holidays and “red eye” type hours. Shifts are bid monthly, and are awarded based on seniority. As a “reserve” (on call) Flight Attendant, you must be able to be at the airport in as little as 1 hour and 15 minutes after being notified of an assignment. As a “reserve” (on call) Flight Attendant, you will be scheduled with 10 days off per month, the other days you will be on call and must be immediately available by phone.