Provide oversight and program management of the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 compliance activities. Develop and execute a comprehensive risk-assessment, evaluation, tracking and communication program on behalf of senior management.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Provide program management and oversight of the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) section 404 compliance activities as leader of the Company's SOX Steering Committee.
2. Develop and execute a comprehensive risk-assessment program for the Company that evaluates compliance with SOX section 404 requirements. Establish priorities and schedules for review and testing of internal processes and control environment.
3. Manage the communication of findings, conclusions and recommendations to cross-functional process owners, affiliate controllers, the SOX Steering Committee and senior management. Coordinate an ongoing process to appraise and implement corrective actions in response to SOX findings and recommendations.
4. Prepare technical briefings and presentations to senior management, the audit committee and Company personnel regarding SOX control aspects of policies and procedures.
5. Evaluate, select and manage external consultants and services providers and evaluate material resource requirements..
6. Act as the primary liaison with external auditors and Company management regarding SOX section 404 attestation work.
7 Develops the departmental operating budget and conducts operations within budget.
8 Lead or participate in accounting and compliance analysis and projects as directed by the CFO and Corporate Controller.